Sunday, March 1, 2009

5 minutes to hide the money...

This was a great weekend for me. I had to rearrange the date from my Thursday night show and then the phone rang. It was someone looking to replace a hypnotist they hired who wasn't going to show up. I lose one show and gain another. WOW... even-Steven (if you know the expression). This show a private gig so I am going to let the details slide. Let's just say it was way cool.

Friday rolls around, I pack my bags and head out for Long Island. I took the ferry from Bridgeport to Port Jefferson. I really look forward to these trips to the island because I was born there and spent the early part of my childhood in Levittown. So anywhere on the island is home for me. Plus I'm hooked on White Castle hamburgers and have been since I was a kid. Before settling in my hotel I had lunch at a new BBQ place in Port Jefferson Station; Rib City Ale House. I highly recommend the baby back ribs. They were cooked to perfection. Stop by and tell'em Steve the Hypnotist told you to go.

Show time... This was my forth year fundraising for the lacrosse team at Comsewogue High School. Another great turn out and some really animated volunteers. But the highlight of the show just had to be this... (if you saw the show, you will know what I'm talking about). It comes time to hide the money. I say you have 3 seconds, that's THREE SECONDS to hide the money somewhere on you. So what does this guy do; he takes a real long time, approximately 5 minutes hiding what must have been to him ten thousand one dollar bills. In his shirt, in his shirt sleeves, in his pant legs, in his socks, his shoes and of course... in his... well, just look at the photo.

In all my years, all my shows, this was the longest anyone has ever taken to hide the money. And with each passing moment it got funnier and funnier and funnier until finally all his money was safely tucked away. I really hope someone in the audience got this on video. Please please let me know if you did. Anyway here are 2 other photos from the show. All 90+ photos that I took are on my web site http://www.swfb.net/ . I really hope to see you all again next year. A big shout out and thanks to Maryellen and all the volunteers who keep bringing me back. I do appreciate it and love coming out.




Saturday night I had the opportunity to perform at Bishop Hendricken High School in Rhode Island. For my first performance in a school the turn out was impressive. This was a fundraiser with the profits going to MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving). I got a very enthusiastic group of volunteers and we had a blast. There are lots of photos from the show, again on my SWFB web site but here are 3 of the images I like a lot. From the responce I have gotten on my Facebook page it looks like and sounds like everyone had a great time. I hope I get a chance to do it again next year. Props to Laura and all her volunteers and to John for recommending me. Thanks all ! You were TERRIFIC !


TTYL...Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment