Sunday, April 12, 2009

Driving home... I was feeling great !

Slow week for me, only one show and that was yesterday, Saturday night. It was a private party, a 50th birthday party. It was set at a yacht club on Long Island. The sunset was gorgeous as it set over the cove, an inlet to the Long Island Sound. I should have brought my camera, it was a perfect setting. Anyway, my show was after the dinner and birthday cake was served. Total number of people in the room: 17 family members. This small amount of people was a recipe for disaster for a hypnosis show as I am used to being in front of many more people. They invited me to eat dinner with them. This was very much appreciated and unexpected. Thank you very much. When it was time for me to start I was apprehensive but showed an air of confidence that we would have a good show. And boy did we ever.

Earlier that evening, I had twittered that the room was so small, no where to set up my sound system and absolutely no room for the volunteers to perform and I did not know what I was going to do. But when it was time to start, I realized I knew exactly what to do. And that was to be myself and put on the best show I know how. I talked to them a little bit about hypnosis and then asked for volunteers. I got 7 volunteers.

To make a long story short, they all passed my testing, they all got hypnotized and they all performed throughout the show. Not one woke up. I had no microphone so I had to talk very loudly, a small boom box that I hooked my iPod up to for music. I did my normal show and I had a ball. And so did the 7 volunteers and the 10 family members that made up the audience.

This show statistically should not have worked but it did, and to great success. The show was video taped and as I left, they all huddled around the video camera to watch the show again.

As George Peppard used to say on the A-Team TV show... "I love when a plan falls together!"

As I was driving home, I was feeling great!

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to all!

Steve

ps... you can follow me on Twitter; search for SWFB

No comments:

Post a Comment