Friday, January 1, 2010

Moving into the next decade

As I sit here getting ready to write about the new year, the new decade, I start to reflect on the past Year, the past decade. This was an interesting time in my life. Since the last 10 years, my career as an entertainer really took off. And I am greatful for this. My hypnosis show as a whole took on a sense of value. I am very proud of the show I do and I appreciate being asked to perform at the same places year after year. Just a few of the highlights of the past decade include my 6,000th performance, performing over a hundred shows each at Bayleys, Resort, Strawberry Park Resort and Point Sebago Resort and performing for my youngest son Geoffrey, at his high school graduation party.

For 2009 year end totals were: 146 hypnosis shows, 32 magic shows, 18 seminars/workshops. Yet there were times I wish I had more shows, as sitting home in front of the computer (or worse... the TV) is no fun. I feel alive on stage. I want that feeling more and more. So as we all go into the new decade I have made my list of resolutions for this new year...

Resolution #1... Continue to have as much fun during each show as I always have.
Resolution #2... Change my show for the better. This includes a shorter introduction and new or revamped routines.
Resolution #3... Make the after show suggestions more memorable. (You'll see what I mean at my shows)
Resolution #4... Continue to have as much fun during each show as I always have. I know I said this already but I have always said that I must enjoy what I do. This way everyone else can as well.

So I will leave you with this:
“2010 is an unwritten chapter…love deeply, live boldly, and go after something big!”

Happy and healthy new year to all. See you soon.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment