Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Best, Funniest, Greatest, Hilarious, Most Entertaining... (yeah yeah yeah)

If you google "hypnotist" you get 2,080,000 results. WOW! There is a lot of us out there. According to Google, of these two million plus hypnotists, seven hundred fifty eight thousand claim to be the best, two hundred twelve thousand are the greatest, one hundred eight thousand are the most entertaining, sixty two thousand the funniest and ONLY fifty eight thousand two hundred say they are hilarious.
So how do I go about finding how to get into these elite groups. And who decides which group(s) I should belong to. I have been performing for almost 23 years and I have never been asked to join. Do I decide for myself which category. I will admit that my show (and most every other hypnosis show) is funny and hilarious. But is this a reflection on the hypnotist himself. Or is it is the response we get from our volunteers, the way they carry out our suggestions that make this show one of the most unique forms of entertainment out there. Most likely the audience knows or is very likely aware of one or more of the volunteers. And how they respond to the suggestions makes this personal to each member of the audience. That's when you can say the show is funny, hilarious, best or (add your own adjective here). Yes as the hypnotist we can interject humor before and after each routine or say something that might add to the humor of the situation, but after all it is not the hypnotist the audience came to see. It is their friends, family and acquaintances they came to watch. To watch act silly in circumstances they would never be in.

As I have said in the past, I am not the star of the show, but my volunteers are. They deserve the applause, the accolades, the adjectives. So I think I am going to start a new club. I will not call it "Steve Wronker's Funny Business, the (Best, Funniest, Greatest, Hilarious, or Most Entertaining) Hypnotist in the World" But I should call it 'Steve Wronker's Funny Business... the comedy hypnosis show with the Best, Funniest, Greatest, Hilarious and Most Entertaining volunteers in the World'. And I give membership card #1 for each of my many volunteers. I will gladly share duplicates with all my volunteers.

Wha' do ya' think?

So I shameless say, hire me, even though I'm just the hypnotist, a guy who knows what to say and how to say it. But with me you get the best volunteers out there. They ARE your family, friends and acquaintances, people you know, maybe even you. And they make my show the best, funniest, greatest, hilarious and most entertaining show around.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment