Sunday, October 31, 2010

2010 Campground Season is Officially Over

Wow... what a busy season this was. Starting in May and ending in October, this was one very long campground season. I peformed 52 shows at 16 different campgrounds in every New England state except Vermont.

My estimation is over 14,000 campers watched my shows. There were just over 800 on-stage voluteers this year. And everyone of them was "TERRFIC!" I wish I had more room for volunteers on the stages at these campgrounds, as thousand of campers wanted to be hypnotised. I am always sorry when either I didn't chose them or they didn't pass the testing that goes on before a show.

Strawberry Park Resort in Preston, Connecticut hosted 16 shows this season. I perform every Monday night from late June to end of August, plus a spring weekend show and for their 4 Halloween weekends. This marked my 18th year at Strawberry Park and is absolutely one of my favorite places to perform.

The largest crowds of the season were at my six shows at Bayley's Camping Resort in Scarborough, Maine. I believe some of the shows had between 300 and 400 people watching. I could be wrong but I believe one of the shows had a lot more. It's hard to count that many. Bayley's is famous for their quality entertainment (amoung a lot of other things) and I am very grateful to be included. This was my 17th year here and it is another one of my favorite places to perform.

Most campgrounds only hosted a single show with a few campgrounds hosting 2 or 3 shows a season. I get very excited for these shows as well because I only have the one chance a season to impress. I am humbled when campers tell me they schedule their vacation at a certain campground depending on the date of my performance. I always appreciate these comments.

As always, I took a lot of pictures at these shows. I have sampled just a couple here.
You can see them all on my SWFB web site.

             

   

Shows for the 2011 camping season are being book now.
Have a great winter campers and I'll see you next season.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment